Re: Two copies of same library in store after cleaning generations and g

From: Mike Jones
Subject: Re: Two copies of same library in store after cleaning generations and gc
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2022 20:30:17 +0000

Hello,

Thanks for the hints.

> I assume you installed mesa into your profile — or some other package
> installed in your profile has mesa as „propagated input“.
>
> Try „guix package -l“ to see whether it is installed in your profile.

I haven't installed mesa explicitly, and it doesn't show up in `guix
package -l`, so I think you must be right that it's coming from a
propagated input.

I still wonder, though, why there are two different builds of mesa
appearing. I suspected it might be related to grafting, so I poked
around in /gnu/store and found the .drv files that produced these two
different copies. They both seem to be the result of a grafting process.

If I rebuild my profile with --no-grafts, the mesa used by programs and
the one in the profile are the same, so I'll just put this down to some
weirdness with grafting.

- Mike