Re: "guix system init" from regular system fails

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice
Subject: Re: "guix system init" from regular system fails
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2022 23:42:00 +0200

Hi Li!

li@dotdot.li 写道:
The only difference is that I did not run "herd start cow-store /mnt". That service is only available when using the installer. I also believe
that it is not necessary because the documentation says that

Correct.  It's only for (and on) the ‘live’ installer.

After this /mnt/gnu/store is populated and the bootloader also appears
to be installed.  However, this is not a usable system.

OK…  how exactly did you try to use it?

/mnt/{bin,etc,
home,run} are all empty (except for /mnt/etc/config.scm). Where did I
go wrong?

What makes you think you did? I've never seen these directories be populated by guix system init.

Did you try to boot it?  If so, please share the errors you got.

Kind regards,

T G-R