Re: Running several instances of an fs server...

From: Fredrik Liljegren
Subject: Re: Running several instances of an fs server...
Date: 23 Jul 2002 17:31:06 +0200

Marcus Brinkmann <Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de> writes:
> Don't do that.  Agree up-front with your girl friend where to mount it.
> Set a passive translator there.  You will have to decide under which user id
> the filesystem should run.

Yes, I agree that that's the best solution.  I just wanted to point
out that a scenario could come to exist when two users (or the same,
senile, user) unknowingly mounts the same device; there should at
least be something prohibiting it, rather than making the whole
filesystem broken or even hanging the translators.

> Hey, at this occasion you might also ask your girl friend out for a dinner or
> cinema.  ;)

Hmm, I don't follow here... you mean actually socialize with my girl
friend, or eating at the same time in front of IRC?

/EOF