Re: Gunzip and bunzip2 stores

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Gunzip and bunzip2 stores
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 15:05:10 +0200

Hello!

On Tue, Sep 10, 2002 at 07:57:07PM +0200, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
> > and also since store_set_size () doesn't exist anyway so far.
> > ;)
>
> So why don't you just add it and send us a patch?

Actually, I noticed that store.h says:

   A `store' is a fixed-size block of storage, which can be read and perhaps
   written to.

So maybe there was a good reason at the time it was designed for not adding a
set_size method?

Anyway, I started thinking about it. One issue is that I don't know exactly
what to do with the store runs in store_set_size (): I guess that for the file
and zip stores it should be quite simple since they should have only one run
which we would just enlarge/reduce accordingly. However, the solution may not
be that simple for other stores with more complex run lists. Perhaps we should
just let each store modify its run list inside its set_size method?

Right now, I need to update my Hurd libs to 0.3 before being able to test
this. BTW, I couldn't find on ftp.debian.org the latest gdb package for
hurd-i386, where can I find it?

Thanks,
Ludovic.