help-libidn

stdint.h usability on IRIX

From: Rainer M. Canavan
Subject: stdint.h usability on IRIX
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2013 00:51:28 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

I've just updated my installation of libidn to 1.26. Configure
automatically switches to c99 mode, so that it can use the IRIX
system stdint.h, which is protected by

#ifndef __c99
#error This header file is to be used only for c99 mode compilations
#else

The problem is that the C++-Compiler is _not_ c99 compatible, so
that no C++ program can use idna.h or tld.h. One solution would be
to explicitly test header file usability with C and C++ compilers,
but since C++ is not used, I'd suggest explicitly disabling stdint.h
if __sgi (but not __gnuc__) is defined.

There used to be a similar problem with curl, documented here:

http://sourceforge.net/p/curl/bugs/889/

regards,

rainer canavan