help-libidn

Re: punycode.h

From: Simon Josefsson
Subject: Re: punycode.h
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2016 18:57:07 +0200

Ваня <address@hidden> writes:

>  Good day!
> I use Your library "punycode.h " , namely the function
> "punycode_encode() ", but can't understand how to use it to convert
> the string to punycode .  Could You give a simple example of its use?
> Many thanks in advance !

Hello.  The Punycode functions are documented here:

https://www.gnu.org/software/libidn/manual/libidn.html#Punycode-Functions

There is an example source code snippet here:

https://www.gnu.org/software/libidn/manual/libidn.html#Example-2

I do wonder if you really want to perform the raw punycode encoding
though.  It is much more common to perform the IDNA ToASCII operation.

/Simon