help-libidn

Re: libidn tst_stringprep tst_idna fail on Cygwin mingw64-x86_64 cross-b

From: Simon Josefsson
Subject: Re: libidn tst_stringprep tst_idna fail on Cygwin mingw64-x86_64 cross-build
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2022 12:05:39 +0200

Brian Inglis <Brian.Inglis@SystematicSw.ab.ca> writes:

> Cygwin mingw64-x86_64 cross-build tst_stringprep tst_idna fail on
> 1.39-1.41, all earlier and other i686/x86 cross build and Cygwin
> "native" x86_64 and i686 build tests all pass.
>
> Tried some things with no change - details attached.
>
> Any idea if and which gnulib changes could have affected this?
> Suggestions for other things to look at, try, next steps?

Thanks for the report.  Does reproducing this require a Windows machine,
or can I use Cygwin via Wine these days?

The 201 error code is STRINGPREP_MALLOC_ERROR, does that help?  Also,
can you look at the report and patch from Francesco Pretto to this list
earlier?  It was about a Win64 problem, but I wasn't able to reproduce
it.  Can you try it and see if the patch helps?

If possible, I would like to reproduce this, so any hints on how to do
that would be appreciated.

/Simon