help-libidn

Re: libidn tst_stringprep tst_idna fail on Cygwin mingw64-x86_64 cross-b

From: Brian Inglis
Subject: Re: libidn tst_stringprep tst_idna fail on Cygwin mingw64-x86_64 cross-build
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2022 10:01:13 -0600

On 2022-07-12 04:05, Simon Josefsson wrote:
Brian Inglis writes:

Cygwin mingw64-x86_64 cross-build tst_stringprep tst_idna fail on
1.39-1.41, all earlier and other i686/x86 cross build and Cygwin
"native" x86_64 and i686 build tests all pass.

Tried some things with no change - details attached.

Any idea if and which gnulib changes could have affected this?
Suggestions for other things to look at, try, next steps?

Thanks for the report.  Does reproducing this require a Windows machine,
or can I use Cygwin via Wine these days?

AFAIK Cygwin under Wine should work well as the projects cooperate with bugs and patches.

The 201 error code is STRINGPREP_MALLOC_ERROR, does that help?  Also,
can you look at the report and patch from Francesco Pretto to this list
earlier?  It was about a Win64 problem, but I wasn't able to reproduce
it.  Can you try it and see if the patch helps?

That is a surprising error code but maybe not from under mingw64-x86_64 rather than Cygwin.

Thanks for that pointer; I'll check the sources against the patch and see if it builds and helps with the gcc cross-build and test:
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-libidn/2022-02/msg00000.html
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-libidn/2022-02/txtoM2EqSvHkq.txt
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/libidn.git/tree/lib/nfkc.c#n1019

If possible, I would like to reproduce this, so any hints on how to do
that would be appreciated.

Will let you know how things go.