help-liquidwar6

Re: [Help-liquidwar6] Summer work

From: Kasper Hviid
Subject: Re: [Help-liquidwar6] Summer work
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2008 13:42:32 +0200

2008/7/31 Christian Mauduit <address@hidden>:
> Hi,
>
> 2 informations:
>
> 1) First as LW6 next beta release is approaching, I think it's a good idea
> to make a choice between all those cool maps we have, and just keep the best
> of them. As I said long time ago, I think a maximum of 15 is good for a game
> try out, let the rest be in an "extra" package. Since this is only a beta
> and there will probably be even more maps later - ;) - a reasonnable choice
> would be, say, 10 of them.
>
> I packaged the current map directory for you, Kasper, to have a clear idea
> of what there's in stock. It's there:
> http://www.ufoot.org/tmp/liquidwar6-map-20080731.zip
> Just tell me what's to be kept in there, what should be in "extra", I'll do
> it.

My internet is stil down, so I connect to the wwworld on my local
library. So this reply will be rather short. But I think I will chose
the following:

Atlantis
Fishy
Infestival
Ink and Oil
Liquid Dream
Pizza Face
Playfield
Sinusoid
Strange new world
Subflower

But you're welcome to add/remove from the list, if you want.

> 2) Next, I recently learnt that there's another game, called "Goo" (see it
> on http://goo.pillowfortgames.com/ ) which is in the same spirit as LW, as
> far as I understand. I was wondering if any of you on this list had already
> played it. I just took a look at the screenshots (was too lazy run the game
> on my slowish qemu-emulated Windows XP virtual box) and thought (I'm not the
> only one to think that) that the look of the armies, all blobish (like a
> "metaball") is pretty cool.
>
> What do you think?

It looks real pretty. I wonder how it works technically. I mean, I can
understand the principle behind the movement of the fighters in LW,
but when it comes to "real" liquid, I'm a bit puzzled. I don't
understand how refrigerators works, either.

I'm all out of internet time now, so, have a nice day.

 - Kasper