help-liquidwar6

Re: [Help-liquidwar6] Summer work

From: Christian Mauduit
Subject: Re: [Help-liquidwar6] Summer work
Date: Sun, 03 Aug 2008 20:35:44 +0200

Kasper Hviid wrote:
It looks real pretty. I wonder how it works technically. I mean, I can
understand the principle behind the movement of the fighters in LW,
but when it comes to "real" liquid, I'm a bit puzzled. I don't
understand how refrigerators works, either.
Well, if you think of real liquid, it's behavior is ruled by sub-microscopic interactions (atoms...) but the whole liquid looks like a blob. LW could work that way. Let the internal handle swarm of virtual bees, then represent the battlefield with big blobs which would be calculated only at rendering time. It's actually a reality than in LW5 (even 5, not 6) you handle "packets" of fighters when you play.

I tried to play Goo ... I got this error message: "You need at least 1
Xbox 360 controller to play Goo!. Shutting down."
;)

Anyways, here's a new level. It is drawn without a computer, which is
giving it a bit rough look.

www.kasperhviid.dk/stuff/wave.rar
OK thanks, looks good to me, you do like wrapped levels, don't you? ;)

ufoot.

--
Christian Mauduit <address@hidden> - http://www.ufoot.org/ ___ __/\__
Liquid War 6 - http://www.gnu.org/software/liquidwar6/     / _")\~ \~/