help-liquidwar6

Re: [Help-liquidwar6] Problem compiling Liquid War

From: Christian Mauduit
Subject: Re: [Help-liquidwar6] Problem compiling Liquid War
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 2009 20:44:02 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,
On Sat, August 22, 2009 4:28 pm, Karl Ove Hufthammer wrote:
> I’d like to translate Liquid War into Norwegian Nynorsk,
Cool!

> but I’m having some problem compiling the development
> version. I have downloaded the latest version using tla,
> but when I try to compile it using ‘make’, I get some
> strange error message. Basically, it looks like the
> arguments to libtool is being attempted executed.
>
> Any ideas how to fix this?
Err, well, I'll try. First, are you 100% you have gcc installed? I assume
yes but well, one never knows... What are the output of the following
commands :

which gcc
gcc --version
cc --version
env | grep CC
env | grep FLAGS

Just FYI, before releasing the official source code I do a "make dist"
which fixes a bunch of things. Not doing this might sometime cause a call
to make to re-run automake/autoconf/aclocal/libtool and actually break
things. Typical scenario : you download the work-in-progress but because
you don't have the same version of libtool it breaks things when you
compile. You normally wouldn't need libtool if you waited for the official
release, but this WIP causes a useless re-run of automatic scripts which
mess up everything.

> `/home/huftis/utvikling/liquidwar/liquidwar6--beta--0.7--patch-6/src/lib'
I just committed a patch-46 which should compile on a GNU/Linux box. I'm
currently breaking a bunch of things but this one seems OK. I suggest you
give it a try.

If it really doesn't work I'll package a temporary source tarball, won't
be an official release, but better than nothing.

Have a nice day,

Christian.

--
Christian Mauduit <address@hidden> - http://www.ufoot.org/ ___ __/\__