help-liquidwar6

Re: [Help-liquidwar6] Problem compiling Liquid War

From: Christian Mauduit
Subject: Re: [Help-liquidwar6] Problem compiling Liquid War
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2009 07:49:22 +0200 (CEST)

On Sat, August 22, 2009 11:54 pm, Karl Ove Hufthammer wrote:
> Laurdag 22. august 2009 skreiv Christian Mauduit:
>
>>> `/home/huftis/utvikling/liquidwar/liquidwar6--beta--0.7--patch-6/src/lib'
>>
>>I just committed a patch-46 which should compile on a GNU/Linux box. I'm
>>currently breaking a bunch of things but this one seems OK.
>
> Thanks. I'm now using patch 50, I think. (tla is difficult for someone who
> is
> used to SVN.) And it works. This new version looks very nice. :)
Yes, tla is not very user-friendly, they missed that point. In terms of
features it surclasses SVN for it is really "distributed". Might seem odd
& useless given the fact that I'm the only one to commit for now, but it
has the great (great!) advantages to allow me to use the SCM
fonctionnalities even when I'm not connected.

> When do you expect to release the next (official) version?
October I'd say, but I can still change my mind, in both ways. I've a hell
of a todo list. There's this multithreading revamping I'm currently
working on, it's tedious but must be done now. In the long run the game
will run faster on multicore CPUs. Then there are visual improvements (hud
for instance). Then the game must "end" (display some score screen, for
instance). Then the priority was network stuff, there's a lot of stuff
already done but depending on the other tasks state I might release before
network really works.

Have a nice day,

Christian.

--