help-liquidwar6

Re: [Help-liquidwar6] New level xml's

From: Christian Mauduit
Subject: Re: [Help-liquidwar6] New level xml's
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2009 23:06:26 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

On Wed, December 2, 2009 3:33 pm, Kasper Hviid wrote:
> Kasperhviid.dk/stuff/map.zip <http://kasperhviid.dk/stuff/map.zip>
Cool! This one is pretty cool, I wouldn't mind releasing it as is. I tried
to think of the default map. It happens I like playfield. The good point
with it is that it really shows the new wrapping features, this avoids the
"I tried LW6, it's just like LW5, forget it, nothing new...". OTOH it
might confuse newcomers. So well, I still do not know what to choose.

> Thanks for the snapshots - I especially liked loop-forever
You're welcome.

Oh, yeah, a side note, your latest ink-and-oil map has a little problem,
there's a missing "#" in a color ("000000" -> "#000000"). I fixed it in
the package.

> BTW, I have written a bit about liquid stuff:
> http://www.kasperhviid.dk/liquid-stuff.html
Hey man I learnt a bazillion things reading this, great work! FYI, LW is
not formally inspired from the Go game but Thomas Colcombet *does* play
Go, and he was probably the first one to notice the similarities. So both
are linked. As you point out, several (computer) games use concepts which
are close to LW, but they probably didn't try to mimic LW, only game
designers came with the same kind of ideas, since those are so "basic". I
also notice you like Escher. Have you read "Godel, Escher, Bach: An
Eternal Golden Braid"? I dunno if it's translated in Danish (and yes, I'm
getting off topic) but it's clearly a great book.

Have a nice day,

Christian.

PS: I'll probably try and release the game in its current state ASAP,
there are still many opened bugs and missing features, but the gap with
0.0.7beta starts being significant.

--
Christian Mauduit <address@hidden> - http://www.ufoot.org/ ___ __/\__
Liquid War 6 - http://www.gnu.org/software/liquidwar6/     / _")\~ \~/