help-liquidwar6

Re: [Help-liquidwar6] New level xml's

From: Kasper Hviid
Subject: Re: [Help-liquidwar6] New level xml's
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2009 00:30:07 +0100

Hello again

I didn't have much energy this month, but I belive I'm going to wake up a bit now. I have some almost-but-not-quite finished stuff for LW6. But one thing I have finished is collecting the all the fighter-eyecandy suggestions into one document:

http://www.kasperhviid.dk/lw6-eyecandy.html

The hard choice is what eyecandy style to select.

Another thing I did finish:

I have tried to play with gl-floating-const.xml to make it look a bit like the fictive screenshot submitted by Tim. I might create another one later, with more transparence.

screenshot

For some reason, I suddenly couldn't get gauge-max-health-angle to display any gradient.

Maybe the HUD should display player names as well? It will be a bit important once we have online play.

To get my HUD design to work, download the two attachments in this email: "gl-floating-const.xml" and "gauge-frame.png"

Copy "gl-floating-const.xml" to this folder:
\data\gfx\gl\hud\floating\

Copy the image file "gauge-frame.png" to this folder:
\data\gfx\gl\hud\floating\image

In order to use the same colors, you need to edit style.xml and hints.xml in the level folder.

Insert those lines in style.xml

<color key="hud-color-frame-bg" value="#00081e" />
<color key="hud-color-frame-fg" value="#cef6ff" />
<color key="hud-color-text-bg" value="#00081e" />
<color key="hud-color-text-fg" value="#cef6ff" />

To activate the colors, insert this line in hints.xml

<bool key="hud-color-auto" value="false" />

Now, back to off-topic. I once looked at "Godel, Escher, Bach", but I never got around to actually reading the text. I had a feeling that the big connection the book was founded on was too constructed. Its on my desk now - my local library had it. In danish!

What is next? I'm looking a bit at menu layout, I have found a program called Manga Studio which will make symmetrical cursor design quite easy, but there is also that promotion video, and the extra levels will also need some xml files .. and I would *really* like to play a bit with the new toys glue, boost, danger and medicine.

More important, 2009 is moving towards its end. Happy new year!

- Kasper