help-liquidwar6

Re: [Help-liquidwar6] New level: January

From: Kasper Hviid
Subject: Re: [Help-liquidwar6] New level: January
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2010 14:59:28 +0100

2010/1/6 Christian Mauduit <address@hidden>
Hi,

On Sun, January 3, 2010 6:29 pm, Kasper Hviid wrote:
> I finally succeded at creating a somewhat high-key level! As usual, I
> created the basic form first, and then used this as a base to design the
> texture.
Great! I like the way you used the one-way layers. Still, there's an issue
(which is linked to the way the algorithm works, the fix might come from
me since *until* the player has moved his cursor to the middle area,
fighters who get there just go idle and it looks ugly. I dunno exactly
what to do yet.

I noticed this too. It looks like they got some nasty mental illness. I think it's because they want to go somewhere they can't go because of the one-way thing. I have only seen it happen to bots, so it isn't a big problem, but it's a bug nonetheless.

BTW, I added January to the "extra-maps" package (by default that's where
all new levels land...) but this one might be worth be put in the main
package, as well as some of your latest cute levels. I remember you
already suggested the list of "built-in" levels could be changed, and I do
think doing this selection is worth doing before releasing 0.0.8beta.

Cool - I will take a look at what should be included ... and excluded!

As far as I'm concerned, I'm trying to do my best to expose some network
features for the next release. Complete "working" network games might
still not be available, but I hope to release some basic features such as
server discovery, listing, so that these can be tested.

Yes, I saw that you did some p2p thing in the snapshot! Good luck with it!

Happy new year everybody,

Christian.

you too! :-)