RE: GNU make

From: Vladimir E. Ignatov
Subject: RE: GNU make
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 13:40:11 +0300

You can use VPATH variable, like:

VPATH := source_dir1 source_dir2 source_dir_N

or vpath directive, like:

vpath %.cpp  source_dir1 source_dir2 source_dir_N

VPATH variable used for searching all sort of files, while vpath directive
work only for specified pattern.

BTW. You  can read GNU Make manual - it described all those things.  If you
don't like *.info format  (like me :-), you can read manul online in HTML
form.

        Vladimir