Re: How can I build current version of make, taken from CVS ?

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: Re: How can I build current version of make, taken from CVS ?
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 12:32:17 -0400

%% address@hidden (Yaroslav Sokolov) writes:

  ys> On Wed, Apr 11, 2001 at 11:52:37AM -0400, Paul D. Smith wrote:
  >> The code in CVS is the developers version.  In order to build it, you
  >> will need the complete suite of GNU developer's tools, which include:
  >> GNU make (yes, this is a bootstrap issue! :), GCC, GNU m4, GNU autoconf,
  >> GNU automake, and Perl.
  >>
  >> If you have all that and want to go for it, let me know :).

  ys> Of course, I have it! And I hope to build the version :)

OK, then you just need to do this:

  $ cd make
  $ automake --add-missing
  $ autoreconf
  $ ./configure
  $ make
  $ make install

You'll get a bunch of warnings from automake, autoreconf, and configure,
but it will all work.

 http://www.gnu.org                      http://www.paulandlesley.org/gmake/