Re: How can I build current version of make, taken from CVS ?

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: Re: How can I build current version of make, taken from CVS ?
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 11:52:37 -0400

%% address@hidden (Yaroslav Sokolov) writes:

  ys> I took the latest version from CVS, but I did not know how to
  ys> build it.  When I built make, taken from ftp.gnu.org:/pub/gnu/make
  ys> , I had no problem.

The code in CVS is the developers version.  In order to build it, you
will need the complete suite of GNU developer's tools, which include:
GNU make (yes, this is a bootstrap issue! :), GCC, GNU m4, GNU autoconf,
GNU automake, and Perl.

If you have all that and want to go for it, let me know :).

 http://www.gnu.org                      http://www.paulandlesley.org/gmake/