Re: silencing 'rm <intermediate-files>'

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: Re: silencing 'rm <intermediate-files>'
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 10:32:26 -0400

There's no way, from the command line etc., to silence that line.

Obviously you have the source, so you can ultimately make it do whatever
you like :).  The change is very simple; check
file.c:remove_intermediates().

There is definitely a lack of fine-grained control over make's output:
I've often wished (for example) to be able to have all hidden lines
(@foo...) printed, but still run the commands (not use -n).

Etc.

Making this more controllable is on the TODO list.

 http://www.gnu.org                      http://www.paulandlesley.org/gmake/