RE: Solaris 8

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: RE: Solaris 8
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 09:36:37 -0400

%% Marc Martinez <address@hidden> writes:

  mm> try the next command in root
  mm> find / -name cc
  mm> this command find the cc executable
  mm> ie /opt/SUNWspro/bin/cc
  mm> then
  mm> export CC=/opt/SUNWspro/bin/cc
  mm> export PATH=$PATH:/opt/SUNWspro/bin

Be careful: Sun doesn't provide a C compiler with Solaris.  If you want
one, you have to buy it and install it separately.

If you haven't purchased a C compiler then the only "cc" on your system
will be /usr/ucb/cc, and it will just say:

  /usr/ucb/cc:  language optional software package not installed

 http://www.gnu.org                      http://www.paulandlesley.org/gmake/