Re: How to debug shell cmds?

From: Dusan Juhas
Subject: Re: How to debug shell cmds?
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 10:17:50 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 29 Jan 2003, Jens Schweikhardt wrote:

> # By the way how to stop determine that any shell command was invoked?
>
> I'm afraid I don't understand the question. Could you please rephrase
> or give an example what you mean?

Sorry. That sometimes happens when I do more that one thing at once ;-)
I mean - what to do if I want to stop 'make' everytime a shell cmd
is invoked?

Eg:
ifeq ($(PROF), on)
DEFINES += -DKERNEL_PROF
endif
        $(STRIP) -o target $(TARGETOUT)

Well, now it seems that first 3 lines are make commands and 4th line
is shell cmd. But is there any option/way to tell 'make' to do
a certain action before (or after) invoking any shell cmd?

--
Best regards,
Dusan Juhas