Multiple substitutions in target pattern

From: Simon De Groot
Subject: Multiple substitutions in target pattern
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 12:32:11 +0100

Dear GNU make users,

Is there a possibility to create target patterns, where the same stem is substituted multiple times in a single target?

Example:

/my_path/%/%.nfo :
        ... do something ...

This doesn't work, which is consistent with the GNU manual, which states that only the first '%'-character in the target pattern is matched and replaced by the corresponding stem.

I know there are straight-forward work-around, such as using /my_path/%/readme.nfo, but I was hoping that you guys could help me out with a solution in which I can define rules for pattern like I defined in the example above.

Regards,
Simon de Groot.