Re: help needed on include and -I

From: Martin Mensch
Subject: Re: help needed on include and -I
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 20:08:22 +0200

Hello Greg,

I tried:

--include-dir <pathname>       => makefile preprocessor error
--include-dir = <pathname>     => no effect
-I <pathname>       => makefile preprocessor error
-I = <pathname>   => no effect
MAKEFLAGS += -I <pathname>      => no effect
doesn't MAKEFLAGS = -I <pathname> delete all other flags? I will try this.

I also specified the path inside include but I want to include dependecy files and if they don't exist I want them to be created by the rule. But if a path is specified with the filename I always get an error "no rule for target <pathname>/file.d
The rule is defined like this:
%.d: %.c
 @$(CC) -M -MP -MF $(OBJDIR)$(notdir $@) $(ALL_CFLAGS) $<

where OBJDIR is the directory I would like to add to the search path for include, so that the dependecy files are found there.

Hope you can give me a hint

Thank you

Martin