Re: help needed on include and -I

From: Martin Mensch
Subject: Re: help needed on include and -I
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 14:43:46 +0200

Hello,

ok, ok, I was to fast writing this email.
I just read the thread on dependency generation of some days ago and also the advanced dependency generation.
I did it like this now.
Still the point where I see possible trouble is the same that was the start of the mentioned thread. So I tried this line as the first line in targel all:
  for z in *.o; { [ ! -e ${z%.o}.d ] && rm $z }
but it didn't work, error message = missing seperator.
I also tired some things with foreach:
$(foreach objfile, $(OBJ), \
 $(@if test -f $(OBJDIR)/${objfile:%.o=.d} \
   then echo nix; \
   else rm $(objfile); echo $(objfile) removed ) )
but I couldn't get this running. My knowledge of make is not so good for these special things.

 It would be great if someone could help me with it.

Thank you very much.

Martin