Re: Old versions of GNU make.

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: Re: Old versions of GNU make.
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 17:31:48 -0400

%% Andrew Ruder <address@hidden> writes:

  ar> I would like to acquire an old version of GNU make, and there are
  ar> several of the old diffs available at

  ar> ftp://ftp.gnu.org/old-gnu/make

  ar> and the newer files are at

  ar> ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/make

  ar> However, the problem is that the oldest full source release is
  ar> 3.75 and the diff before that is for 3.73 => 3.74.  As far as I
  ar> can tell there is no way to make the jump between 3.75 and 3.74
  ar> available from the sites above.  Any suggestions or URLs to the
  ar> missing diff would be greatly appreciated.

Google is your friend.  Searching for make-3.74.tar.gz yielded:

    http://www.madness.net/software/pub/software/source/gnu/