(no subject)

From: Praveen SINGH
Subject: (no subject)
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2005 11:06:22 +0530

Hello,

I'm trying to build a piece of code through gnu make. Code consist of two part
(1) first a library is created with a makefile (suppose _mA).
(2) few more files are build and the library from (1) if exist is linked to
build a binary output from a second makefile(suppose _mB). If the library do
not exist it get first build. So, I only need to make through my second
makefile (_mB).

Now here is my problem:
There is a define (xxx_BASE) declared in (_mB). This xxx_BASE is used in both
the makefiles. I run my _mB to make which inturn internally calls _mA.
I get a sort of error "define xxx_BASE is not found" in making _mA. To avoid
this I declared the xxx_BASE in _mA also. But that's code duplicay.

Can someone tell me how to avoid this?

Otherway was to pass this xxx_BASE as command line argument with _mB but that's
again what I don't want.

Thanks in advance &
Best Regards,
Praveen