Re: Why doesn't this work properly?

From: Rick Flower
Subject: Re: Why doesn't this work properly?
Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2007 23:20:20 -0700

Paul Smith wrote:
I'm not sure I understand why you want to create those symlinks in the
first place.  Maybe the easiest solution is to just not do that.

For example, you could use VPATH to let make find the source files for
you in whatever directory they exist, without creating any symlinks at
all.

I had thought of doing that originally.. We've got a really goofy
directory setup that has 3 different existing projects all morphed into
a new project (w/ multiple executables) and we need to ensure that we get the exact file we're after because we have many source files that live in two different trees that we're inheriting from and they may have differences.. It's hard to explain and we're trying to get the most flexibility we can.. I believe that Philip got me past the humps that were keeping this from working.. Anyway, hope that helps..