Using the PWD environment variable.

From: Pratap Chakravarthy
Subject: Using the PWD environment variable.
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2007 12:16:03 +0530

Hello,

I am using a recursive make implementation, and am invoking a python
script for a target that is two levels down.
  Makefile                                    (parent makefile)
  subdir1/Makefile
  subdir1/subdir2/Makefile            (target is invoked here)
Inside the python script I am using the environment variable PWD and I
am finding that it points to the location of parent makefile (the top
level makefile) instead of pointing to .../subdir1/subdir2

Is this an expected behavior ? I was under the impression that
  make -C
would change the PWD too.

PS: CURDIR variable is not being exported from make and hence unable
to access it from the python script.

--
Regards,
Pratap