Re: override and +=

From: Michael Morrell
Subject: Re: override and +=
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 19:12:29 -0800 (PST)

Paul,

> Well, the GNU make manual section on "override" explicitly states that
> to use += with an override variable, you have to declare the += override
> as well.

Really.  I can't find such a statement.  I'm reading Section 6.7 on the
override directive.  It says that "If a variable has been set with a
command
argument, then ordinary assignments in the makefile are ignored" (that
doesn't apply here).  It also says: "To append more text to a variable
defined on the command line, use: override variable += more text" (again,
that doesn't apply to my example).

   Michael

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs