missing separator stop <- looking to quickly solve that

From: wac
Subject: missing separator stop <- looking to quickly solve that
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 05:40:26 -0400

Hello:

I'm looking forward to deactivate the TAB-SPACE "feature" of make that is not letting me advance. Is there a switch, env variable, patch to makefile or whatever that can remove that. I mean I can't be changing a zillion makefiles since that is not productive at all therefore I won't. At least not now. Maybe in the future I could build sort of "upgrade" script that pases makefiles and rewrites them in compliant form but time matters therefore I won't be doing that now. If later is not available wich was the latest version that doesn't have the POSIX enforcement? I could try a downgrade, even with bugs. I don't care.

Thaks in advance
Regards
Waldo