Re: make 3.81 giving error when PATH conatins ":"

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: make 3.81 giving error when PATH conatins ":"
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 15:11:46 +0300

> Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 23:38:24 -0700 (PDT)
> From: CN <address@hidden>
>
> If I change my path to normal windows format(e:/cnair/tmp), then make is
> giving me problem.
>
> $ make all
> Makefile:4: *** target pattern contains no `%'.  Stop.
>
> Is there any solution which I can build files using c.exe and make in cygwin
> ?

Try this patched version of Make:

    http://www.cmake.org/files/cygwin/make.exe

(In general, as long as you invoke the MS compiler, it's better to use
the native build of GNU Make, which you should be able to find on the
MinGW site.  The Cygwin build is better for working with Cygwin tools
and programs, not with native programs.)