Re: Execute command for each file in list?

From: Boris Godin
Subject: Re: Execute command for each file in list?
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 09:56:28 -0300

Missing tab?
define FILE_Template
(tab here)$(COMPILER) $(FLAGS) $(1)
endef

Cheers

PlebianX wrote:
I'd like to run a command for each file in a list. I feel that the following
SHOULD work, but appearantly I don't understand how foreach works or
something, because nothing is done (the code is paraphrase for clarity).

FILES = file1.asm file2.asm file3.asm
COMPILER = path/to/compiler
FLAGS = -mp -o2 -k -m -i/lib

define FILE_Template
$(COMPILER) $(FLAGS) $(1)
endef

all:
    $(foreach file, $(FILES), $(eval $call( FILE_Template,$(file))))

What's happening here that I'm missing? Thanks in advance!

--
Boris Godin
Java Developer - Gameloft COR

believed to be clean.