Re: Installing make

From: David Boyce
Subject: Re: Installing make
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2008 12:28:10 -0400

You shouldn't need to install GNU make on OS X at all - it's the default make program. ISTR it's not bundled with the base OS but rather with Xcode, the development environment. You won't have any compilers to use make with anyway if you haven't installed Xcode. So: I suspect you need to get the latest version of Xcode and install it, after which you should have GNU make plus a lot of other stuff such as gcc.

Though last I checked Xcode comes on the install DVD, there's often a newer version on the web so I'd go that way if you have the bandwidth.

David Boyce