execute commands in foreach loop

From: Fritz Code
Subject: execute commands in foreach loop
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 10:01:12 +0200

Hi folks!

I've a problem with the following make foreach construct:

$(foreach tobuild,$(shell cat file.dist | awk -F/ '{print $$1}'),
$(call mymake,$(tobuild))

define mymake
    $(MAKE) $1
endef

>From the file file.dist the targets get extracted which are supposed
to be build.
This targets are placed (by foreach loop) in the variable tobuild.
Within the makefile each of those targets is defined and should be
executed. But somehow I have problems
that make executes the targets in the last foreach part. therefore I
have defined my own function which I call with
$(call .. ) but this doesnt work either.

Anyone an idea ?

Thanks

--
Regards,