Re: Have no MAKE

From: John Calcote
Subject: Re: Have no MAKE
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 11:20:52 -0600

Hi Charles,

I'm sorry you've spent so much time looking for a version of make for your system. I'm surprised you need to search for it. Most systems come with a version of make already installed. GNU make is not required to build the GNU make source distribution - any make will do - even the one that comes with your version of Unix or Linux. (And even Windows!)

Which brings up my next question: you haven't mentioned the system you're targeting. That information would be helpful to those who might be able to help you find a pre-built version of GNU make for your system.

John