Re: How to disable "make[1]: Warning: File `somefile' has modification t

From: Paul Smith
Subject: Re: How to disable "make[1]: Warning: File `somefile' has modification time 53 s in the future"?
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2010 12:15:18 -0400

On Fri, 2010-08-13 at 11:04 -0500, Peng Yu wrote:
> I want to disable the warning shown in the title.

You can't, except by fixing your environment so the timestamps on your
system are coherent.  Most likely this is caused by trying to write
files to a networked file server where your system and the server have a
different system time: you will never be able to correctly build files
with make in that environment, so you'll have to fix the problem.

PS. If you look at the source code you can easily determine that there's
no way to avoid this message: you can see that where it's printed there
is no "if (some-flag-is-set)" or similar that would keep it from
printing.