Re: How to detect program path?

From: narke
Subject: Re: How to detect program path?
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2011 00:37:53 +0800

On 17 August 2011 01:54, Paul Smith <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Tue, 2011-08-16 at 14:07 +0300, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>> > No. What I want is to find out the real path of an executable by the
>> > Makefile itself.
>>
>> I hope I made myself clear in that `realpath' and `abspath' are
>> internal Make functions that can be invoked by the Makefile itself.
>
> I think what narke is saying is that he doesn't HAVE the full pathname.
> He just has the name of the executable itself.  He wants make to FIND
> the fully-qualified pathname.

Yes, exactly.  By far warlich's solution should work, but it really
slow.  May there not exists a good solution and I'd better have the
user to provide the path in an environment variable.

Thanks for all you kind help!

    -- Schopenhauer

narke
public key at http://subkeys.pgp.net:11371 (address@hidden)