RE: the gun make code

From: John Calcote
Subject: RE: the gun make code
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2011 16:04:44 -0600

Hi Luyang,

It's well understood by the community that example code is one area where
the GNU manuals are lacking. The trouble is that the GNU efforts are mostly
volunteer and the people who contribute barely have enough time to write the
reference material. We thank them for their efforts. Nevertheless, there are
resources available on the Internet where good example code and tutorials
can be found. One of my favorites is the "Ask Mr. Make" series by folks at
Electric Cloud:

http://www.cmcrossroads.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&id=14
7&Itemid=100124

Other examples can be found as well, now that you know what you're looking
for.

Good luck!
John