make creating a lot of load on the filler

From: Ashu TALWAR
Subject: make creating a lot of load on the filler
Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2011 02:03:18 +0800

Hello,

Can we think of make , not relying on time-stamp of a file , to say it is
up-to-date,

As I use , make ,a lot, and the a single makefile , handles 100,000's of
instances in //, So it is creating a load on filler.
How can we reduce the load on filler.( As it observed that the make, is
continually, accessing the file-system and thereby making the filler reaching
100%, creating ,issues across the n/w for other users as well to acess the file
system. )

Thanks & Regards
Ashu