Re: jobserver fds remain open in subprocess

From: Danny Boelens
Subject: Re: jobserver fds remain open in subprocess
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2013 11:29:06 +0200

On 23/7/2013 1:30 AM, Paul Smith wrote:

I guess so; it seems they may be applying some local patches which are
breaking things.  However, by virtue of the GPL they are required to
provide you with the source code that they used to build their version.
I'm not sure how you'd go about getting it but Google probably knows.

Apple hosts the source code on http://opensource.apple.com/ so it's a matter of finding what you need and downloading it. GNU make ships with Apple's Xcode, so choose the relevant Xcode version, then search make in the list of available projects.

I don't know what Xcode version Keith is using, but I'm guessing it's a fairly recent one considering uname says he's running Mac OS X 10.8.4. I wouldn't be surprised at all if the make that comes with it is patched by Apple. Even their most recent Xcode versions are still shipping with a make that identifies itself as 3.81; a version that is more than seven years old now! Surely they got a few bug reports too in the past few years and applied some patches :)

Danny