Re: Indirection Operators in the Command section of a makefile doesnt wo

From: David
Subject: Re: Indirection Operators in the Command section of a makefile doesnt work.
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2014 18:53:39 +1100

On 17 January 2014 00:59, Rakesh Sharma <address@hidden> wrote:

> Is it possible to use the shell indirection operator (<<) inside the command
> section of GNU Make?

Why are you doing this? What is your goal?
There might be better ways to achieve your goal than using the << operator.

It is better if you tell us what your goal is, so we can advise the
best way to achieve it.
Otherwise we have to guess what your goal is because you did not state it.
This is called an XY Question. Please read the top couple of paragraphs here:
http://mywiki.wooledge.org/XyProblem
You are asking about Y, and not telling us what X is.

If (I guess that) you are trying to output multiline text from your makefile
then you might find an answer here:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/649246/is-it-possible-to-create-a-multi-line-string-variable-in-a-makefile