RE: Indirection Operators in the Command section of a makefile doesnt wo

From: Rakesh Sharma
Subject: RE: Indirection Operators in the Command section of a makefile doesnt work.
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2014 04:25:56 -0800

Hello David,

Thanks for helping me out with the heredoc operator inside a makefile.

You are right , in that  it's not a good idea to use the heredoc in a makefile.

Your suggestions for the stackoverflow link gave me the way out of my imbroglio.

I have now modified my way to first define a multiline env variable from a csh
file, then invoke the make from  this csh file,

finally use the $$multiline variable in the makefile , since it's now visible
to the make by virtue of importing the environment.

Regards,

Rakesh

Sharma