Re: [Help-smalltalk] GNU Smalltalk 2.0 release candidate on alpha.gnu.or

From: Brett Cundal
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] GNU Smalltalk 2.0 release candidate on alpha.gnu.org
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2002 15:23:44 -0700

On Sat, Jun 22, 2002 at 12:06:32PM +0200, Bonzini wrote:
> ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/smalltalk/smalltalk-1.96.7.tar.gz
>
> This is a release-candidate for GNU Smalltalk 2.0; if no outstanding bugs
> (especially packaging glitches) are reported, I will release 2.0 officially
> before June 30th.

I guess that's my cue. :)

1.96.6 works fine for me, but unfortunately 1.96.7 does not. :(

Looks like some of the same problems we experienced before.. the build
environment is showing up in the image paths. Attached is the output
from:
gst -q -I /usr/share/gnu-smalltalk/gst.im /usr/share/gnu-smalltalk/blox/Run.st

It fails loading a few files but continues on, then ends up in a
busy-loop that appears to go on for some time... I ended up having to
kill it.

Sorry about the bad news... I wasn't anticipating any problems since
1.96.6 worked so well...

If you need any more info from me, let me know.

-- Brett