Re: [Help-smalltalk] GNU Smalltalk 2.0 release candidate on alpha.gnu.or

From: Bonzini
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] GNU Smalltalk 2.0 release candidate on alpha.gnu.org
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 23:17:28 +0200

> > This is a release-candidate for GNU Smalltalk 2.0; if no outstanding
bugs
> > (especially packaging glitches) are reported, I will release 2.0
officially
> > before June 30th.
>
> I guess that's my cue. :)

Actually I had found an easy way to test DESTDIR without messing up my
pre-existing layout and will submit a patch to automake so that `make
distcheck' installs with DESTDIR.  I forgot to apply a patch to the master
sources (having them, or rather their hard disk, exposed to South is a
problem when there are 38 °C outside, so I worked on a laptop lately...)

I am unofficially putting 2.0 on alpha.gnu.org

ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/smalltalk/smalltalk-1.96.7-2.0.diff.gz
ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/smalltalk/smalltalk-2.0.tar.gz

Paolo