[Help-smalltalk] Re: smalltlak [Fwd: Basic questions before starting hea

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: [Help-smalltalk] Re: smalltlak [Fwd: Basic questions before starting heavy working]
Date: Mon, 26 May 2008 08:11:12 +0200

RK wrote:
Dear Mr. Paolo Bonzini,

I'm unable to post to the smalltalk list :( - our stmp server is windows based and the ISP (Chello-UPC) uses... I don't know what, but for the first one I get a greyslist warning and for the second one (chello.hu smtp) I have noo feedback. Nor my messages appear on the help-smalltalk list.

Is there any alternative method for posting.

Use gmane. Point your news reader (Thunderbird's okay) to the news.gmane.org server, and subscribe to the gmane.comp.lang.smalltalk.gnu.general newsgroup.

* Work in your image (.im) with object creation method calls, blox, etc, saving and reopening the image on the next wroking day. And then "file out" if you wan't to move to a new image - is that right? Could it work for me?

Yes. Be prepared to report a lot of bugs, which I (or hopefully someone else too) will be happy to fix.

Paolo