Re: [Help-smalltalk] Building on Windows XP

From: Giuseppe Luigi Punzi
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] Building on Windows XP
Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 17:11:07 +0200

Ok, now compiled and run, but seems only work from MSYS. I will try from cygwin too.

If I run the GST.exe located on the root sources from a windows shell, nothings happen.

E:\Desarrollo\GST\smalltalk-3.0b>gst.exe

E:\Desarrollo\GST\smalltalk-3.0b>gst-tool.exe

E:\Desarrollo\GST\smalltalk-3.0b>

Sorry for my doubts Paolo, but I need this on Windows Box to try at work, and as I said, I don't have experience doing this out of a Linux Box and APT :P

Paolo Bonzini escribió:

checking for zip... no
configure: error: Please install InfoZIP to use GNU Smalltalk.

The problem is thath I don't know how to install it or compile it. I'm not familiarized with Msys and some help would be appreciated.

InfoZIP is just the set of zip/unzip tools that are used under Unix to manage .zip files. Get it from ftp://tug.ctan.org/tex-archive/tools/zip/info-zip/WIN32/zip232xN.zip (file zip.exe in that archive).

Paolo