[Help-smalltalk] gst-remote -e 'ObjectMemory snapshot' quits the remote

From: Holger Hans Peter Freyther
Subject: [Help-smalltalk] gst-remote -e 'ObjectMemory snapshot' quits the remote server
Date: Mon, 30 May 2011 00:42:51 +0200

Hi,

when developing I try to load code changes into a remote GST instance and if I
think the change is good I would like to create a new image. I am using the
above code to force a snapshot. What happens is that gst-remote is terminating.

I have attached the output of the gst-remove --server when it terminates. So I
assume that one of the 'changed:' calls makes the FileDescr close all open
files. From what I see this should only happen with #aboutToQuit. I am not not
sure where this is coming from (i created the b in invoke_hook_smalltalk).

Is this a 'known feature'?

Breakpoint 3, invoke_hook_smalltalk (hook=GST_ABOUT_TO_SNAPSHOT) at comp.c:453
453       if (!_gst_kernel_initialized)
(gdb)