[Help-smalltalk] moving code?

From: Michael Haupt
Subject: [Help-smalltalk] moving code?
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2011 12:37:51 +0200

Hi again,

the bunch of questions I actually wanted to ask was this:

Does the gst VM recompile already compiled methods (e.g., due to
optimisation decisions), is there adaptive (re)compilation?

Does the VM get rid of potentially obsolete machine code, is there
some scheme for managing the native code cache? If so, is code being
moved, or does it rest in the place it was generated into?

Pointers to code would be most welcome if the logic I asked for exists.

Thanks,

Michael