[Help-smalltalk] GNU Smalltalk on ARM - Raspberry Pi

From: Stephen Woolerton
Subject: [Help-smalltalk] GNU Smalltalk on ARM - Raspberry Pi
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2014 10:57:03 +1200

Hi everyone,

Is GNU Smalltalk likely to run on a Raspberry Pi?

I started installing it just in case, in FreeBSD 10-Stable on a Raspberry Pi.

The configure stage is tripping up over libltdl with the following error:
checking for GNUTLS... yes
checking for lt_dlopen in -lltdl... no
configure: error: libltdl is required to compile GNU Smalltalk

The libltdl package is in fact installed...
address@hidden ~]# ls /usr/local/lib/ | grep tdl
libltdl.a
libltdl.la
libltdl.so
libltdl.so.7
libltdl.so.7.3.0

If someone could help me get past this, much appreciated. The compiler on this
OS is clang 3.4.

Thanks
Stephen