Re: [Help-smalltalk] GNU Smalltalk on ARM - Raspberry Pi

From: Holger Hans Peter Freyther
Subject: Re: [Help-smalltalk] GNU Smalltalk on ARM - Raspberry Pi
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2014 08:19:34 +0200

On Mon, Jul 28, 2014 at 11:07:23AM +1200, Stephen Woolerton wrote:

> Have just used --disable-generational-gc and there was no change in the test
> suite. So now have uninstalled, cleaned, and am recompiling with the
> recommendation below. I have not used the --disable-generational-gc option in
> this next install.
> Takes about an hour and a half round trip from compiling through to
> uninstalled, so yeah, theres time for a cup of coffee.

odd. You might want to get a backtrace then.

$ ulimit -c unlimited
$ run the command that failed
and if it crash
$ libtool --mode=execute gdb ./gst core.???? (replace ??? with something)

> By the way, how does one check one of the test files outside of 'make check',
> .e.g to check intmath.st without running the whole test suite

You can change to the test directory and execute the ./testsuite script
directly. It takes the "-v" for verbose argument and "-k NAME" to execute
a test by name.

holger